First impressions are important in business. While an email address like Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo may seem to be an easy solution for all your business email needs, free accounts lack the professionalism that a custom email address exudes.
But, how do you create a professional business email? What are the benefits of owning one? Keep reading to find out!
How to Create a Customised but Professional Business Email Address
So, how do you create a business email address? Here are key steps to remember:
- Register a domain name for email hosting. First things first: Purchase and register a domain name. Most businesses already have a domain for their website; if you don’t, you should definitely consider getting it. Generally, a domain name is what replaces the generic “gmail.com” at the end of an email address.
- Create an email account. Once you’ve got a domain name, the next step is setting up your email account. Some of the best email hosting providers for custom email addresses include Google Workspace, and Microsoft 365 Business Premium, among others.
- Optimise your business email. Now that you’ve got a professional email address, it’s time to customise it further! Add a profile picture (ideally a professional headshot) and don’t forget to add an email signature along with your name, position, and company name.
Here are 3 benefits of having a custom business email address:
- It’s professional. Having a professional business email address gives your business an instant sense of credibility and professionalism. Today, customers tend to look for some proof of legitimacy before working with or purchasing from a company; they need to see that the company is trustworthy before doing business with them. With a custom business email address, it shows customers that you are serious about your business and have invested in
- It can help you stay out of your subscribers’ spam folders. Email marketing can be a very profitable strategy – but only if your emails aren’t ending up in spam folders. Emails are more likely to be marked as spam if it comes from a free provider like Gmail or Yahoo. Custom email addresses from known platforms send a signal to inboxes that your messages are less of a risk, thus greatly reducing your chances of ending up in spam folders.
- It’s secure. Data security is a crucial task for any business. Public service domains are more vulnerable to hacking and data privacy issues. Owning and working within a hosted domain lessens the risk of information breaches and ensures proper email storage
The Bottom Line
Do you already have a customised email for your business? If you do, great!
If you don’t have one yet, it may be time to consider getting one now. Not only does it look more professional, but having a customised email can also help with your email marketing strategies and provide more security for both you and your customers.